Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Pictured Rocks Formations

So, now, let's check out why these are called the Pictured Rocks.
Here is what is known as the Castle Rock, called as such due to the fact that it resembles a castle.

This rock formation is known as the Indian Head. Look at the profile and see whether you think it is aptly named.

I was amazed by every rock formation that we saw. In fact, during the entire 5-day trip, I took almost 400 photos (382, to be exact). Images such as this were just breathtaking.

Our tour guide gave us good explanations as to why the rocks have these various colors. Yeah....I can't remember those explanations off the top of my head. I guess that's what I get for waiting for so long to post these photos. All I kept thinking was ... PRETTY!

Pretty, no?

I have tons more photos, but I'll end it here. I definitely recommend seeing the Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore, and I hope to get back there to spend a bit more time. If you want to find out more info, here's the National Park Service website: http://www.nps.gov/piro/index.htm.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Your pictures are amazing! And it looks like you've mastered the blog formatting now :)